There are lot of posts explaining how to increase the 2MB size limit in WordPress Admin section.
If you want to import Demo content into WordPress, you will certainly see the above image. I am not writing about the common steps such as editing PHP.ini or .htaccess file.
A) I tried to make changes in PHP.ini by adding
upload_max_filesize = 16M
post_max_size = 16M
and it didn’t help.
B) Added lines in.htaccess such as
php_value upload_max_filesize 16M
php_value post_max_size 16M
php_value max_execution_time 300
php_value max_input_time 300
But no way! It showed a 500Error while loading the website.
Now I will share the trick that worked for me.
- Search Select PHP version (PHP selector) in Cpanel.
- Change post_max_size and Upload_max_filesize to 16M (or even more) and SAVE.
3. If you are using Wordrpess in Addon domain, goto MultiPHPmanager and select the above edited php version for Addon domain. (In my case 5.6)
4. Load your WordPress site. If the site is throwing an error Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress,
go back to PHP selector (Select PHP version), click on “Switch to PHP options” on right hand side.
5. Select mysqli.
6. Load your site. Login as Admin as see the difference.
Tip:-If you are not able to see “Switch to PHP options” in your Cpanel theme called Paper Lantern, please Change style to RETRO in User preferences. This may make a difference.